1. AHMAD ZAIN SARNOTO - Institute of PTIQ Jakarta, Indonesia.
2. AKHMAD SHUNHAJI - Institute of PTIQ Jakarta, Indonesia.
3. NUR AFIF - Institut Ilmu Al-Qur’an Jakarta, Indonesia.
4. SRI TUTI RAHMAWATI - IAI Al-Azhar Lubuklinggau, Indonesia.
5. AH. MANSUR - IAI Al-Azhar Lubuklinggau, Indonesia.
This research is to examine the spirit of the verses of the Qur'an about education that is liberating and enlightening. Education is basically caring for the potential and instincts that humans have in order to equip themselves in life with science and knowledge. This study uses library sources as primary data so that this research is included in the category of library research, with a thematic interpretation approach. The findings in this study are, first, the spirit of the Qur'anic verse about liberating education, second, enlightening education with the spirit of the Qur'anic verse is the result of reading as a source of knowledge, giving birth to intelligent individuals who are able to give color. and enlighten themselves and their environment. This research is expected to contribute in exploring the spirit of the verses of the Qur'an by studying thematic interpretations.
Education, Liberating, enlightening, Al-Quran.